Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hibiscus Tea

Hibiscus Iced Tea. One of my favorite images.

Maggie made this tea using whole dried Hibiscus Flowers from a Mexican market in Oakland. I've since found out that Berkeley Bowl has them. A little more expensive but still around $3.50 for enough to make several batches.

I am not sure if she liked the idea at first but I was pretty adamant about shooting it in some sort of Mason Jar like container.

Here are some of the glassware scouting pics. I chose one of the Weck jars from the middle photograph. I purchased the glasses in the other two shots and used them in another shot.




Now the background, lighting and composition tests. The upper left shot has some merit but the drink will go too dark from that angle and with that background. I went with the image on the bottom right because, with a few adjustments, I knew it would make the drinks look good and at the same time have a kind of overall moodiness I like. Not sure if "moodiness" is a real word but...???
























No comments:

Post a Comment